Hello my beauties,
Being new to makeup could be at times overwhelming to find products best suited for you and your skin. I, myself being naïve, wanted to try a drugstore brand before splurging on high-end makeup brands!
So, I came across this trio kit by ‘Makeup Revolution’, which contains a bronzer, a highlighter, and a blush! 3-in-1, what could have I asked for more? Before buying this baby, I read reviews about it, majority of them being positive. Then I decided to give it a shot, and ordered it from an online website.
Makeup Revolution is known for its reasonable prices and good formula. It comes in four different shades ‘Flush, Rave, Smoulder and Golden Hot’ and I picked up the shade ‘Smoulder’ as I found it to be perfect for my skin tone.
Let’s see how it worked for me!
- Packaging: The packaging in itself is very basic, the palette comes in a black cardboard box and it incases glossy plastic black cover. The palette comes with an inbuilt mirror, which is such a blessing for someone as unorganized as me. The overall packaging is sturdy and compact, hence quite handy while travelling.
- Shade: I am a person with fair to medium skin tone with yellow undertone, of the four available shades ‘Smoulder’ matched my complexion perfectly. The palette comes with a bronzer, a blush and an illuminator/highlighter and has a baked formula. Let’s talk about each one separately.
- Bronzer: Bronzer is brownish tan shade with little bit of pink undertone, not too overpowering though. It gives my skin that perfect sun-kissed look, which I love currently. The bronzer is perfectly matte. It is not the most pigmented bronzer and you have to work it up with 3-4 strokes to get dark shade.
- Blush: The blush, oh my God it is super pigmented.The shade is more like rosy pink. Since the formula is highly pigmented, you don’t need much product on your brush. It gives that beautiful flush of color to your cheeks. It is good for everyday wear.
I am not someone who uses blush very regularly, I am more into bronzed look nowadays, but this particular shade of blush definitely gives you that ‘fresh in the morning’ glow!
- Highlighter/Illuminator: The best part about this kit is the highlighter. This gives that perfect glow to your skin.It is more like a champagne shade which perfectly complements fair to medium Indian skin tones.There is a slight shimmer to it,not too much. Even though I am a beginner I have fallen in love with this highlighter. It blends well and looks natural on the skin.
- It is pocket friendly, perfect for beginners.
- It is light weight and compact which makes it travel friendly.
- The shades are decently pigmented.
- The formula is more like satin, which makes it easily blendable and soft on the skin.
- It comes with a mirror.
- All the shades available are perfect for Indian skin tones.
- The applicator is missing from the palette.
- Illuminator shade has little bit of fallout.
- Products does not stay for 12 hours, it will need touch up after 4-5 hours!
- Cost– 850 INR for 11gms
Overall, I am quite happy with my purchase. I definitely recommend this palette to you guys.